With vast investigative experience, Marianne has expertise in the investigation and prosecution of No Body Homicides. She offers presentations, classes, and consults on these difficult cases which usually start as missing persons cases thus affording the suspect a head start. The absence of the victim’s body is an additional hurdle for law enforcement—often resulting in the case going cold, leaving families in limbo and a killer free because he erased his victim.
To inquire about future speaking engagements, specific training sessions, or consultations, please contact Marianne.
Marianne Flynn Statz joined the Madison Police Department (MPD) in 1991, after graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a BA in Philosophy.
Marianne’s 27 years on the force included time as a patrol officer, an undercover officer, a member of the Emergency Response Team, the Officer Involved Shooting team, and the Cold Case team. She also founded the Child Abduction Response team. As detective, she specialized in Sensitive Crimes, investigating cases including sexual assaults, child abuse, domestic violence, missing persons, and homicides. After her promotion to Lieutenant, she was the West District Detective Lieutenant and later transferred to the Training Team and became the Academy Director.
In addition to being a presenter, instructor, and consultant, Marianne is a member of the Wisconsin Cold Case Review team and on the Wisconsin MMIW (Murdered Missing Indigenous Women) task force.
For her full CV, click HERE.
Marianne is a frequent presenter at law enforcement conferences, conventions and webinars, including the following:
- National Criminal Justice Training Center
- NIJFVTC Missing Persons and Unidentified Human Remains, Las Vegas, NV
- International Association of Homicide Investigators, Orlando, Fl
- Wisconsin Association of Homicide Investigators
- MPD Homicide School
- National Conference Missing Persons and Unidentified Human Remains
- State Court Reporters Convention
- Financial Crime Investigators of South Central Wisconsin
- Cadaver Dogs State Prosecutors Conference
- Teaming Up for Children 2nd Annual Summit